Robbie Williams and Rise in Male Cosmetic Surgery
Robbie Williams has hit the headlines after admitting he’s had numerous procedures to help retain his youthful looks. Speaking on the Graham Norton show, 42-year old Williams revealed he’d undergone a chin reduction, along with fillers and anti-wrinkle injections. The star also talked about undergoing a hair transplant procedure, despite acknowledging he didn’t really need one.
Celebrities are no stranger to cosmetic surgery, but it is typically associated with women. William’s revelation highlights just how popular and accepted male cosmetic surgery is becoming.
UK clinics have seen dramatic rise in male cosmetic surgery
The number of men choosing to undergo cosmetic procedures to maintain their youthful looks has increased significantly in recent years. So, Williams certainly isn’t alone in his quest to look his best.
Figures released by the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, show the most popular procedures for men include:
- Liposuction – Although liposuction has always been the number one procedure carried out on men, there has been a huge 20% rise in recent years. In particular, liposuction to eliminate excess fat under the chin has become a popular choice for men.
- Brow lift – Up by 15.5%, brow lifts are often used instead of a full face lift to eliminate the signs of aging around the forehead. Lifting the brow opens up the eyes, automatically creating a more youthful look.
- Eyelid surgery – One of the least invasive procedures, eyelid surgery in men has risen by 15%. It is largely beneficial at eliminating the signs of aging around the eyes and can be used in conjunction with other facial procedures.
- Rhinoplasty – One of the most popular procedures for women, it seems men are now also worried about how their nose looks. Rhinoplasty for men has increased by 14%.
- Face/neck lift – Providing a more dramatic change, face and neck lifts have also risen in popularity by 14%.
These figures show that today’s modern men are more concerned about their appearance than ever before. It is no longer a taboo and men such as Williams aren’t ashamed of admitting they’ve had a little help to look good.
If you’re considering cosmetic surgery, book a consultation today with Mr Paul Tulley, a leading London cosmetic surgeon who sees many male cosmetic surgery patients at his clinics. Cosmetic surgery has come a long way and the number of non-invasive treatments available is fantastic. It’s great to see men being more open about the aesthetic struggles women have been battling with for years.